"3Rs Centres" meeting 2016
31 May - 1 June 2016, Ispra, Italy
CAAT Academy training "In silico modelling and tools under REACH"
20 May 2016, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Lecture "Alternative methods to animals testing used in toxicological studies"
12 May 2016, USAMV Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Toxicology and '3Rs' Lectures
Given by Prof. Francesca Caloni (Università degli Studi di Milano)
(23-25 November 2015, USAMV Cluj-Napoca)
Program | WORKSHOP REPORT ALTEX 33(2), 185-186
National Toxicology Congress, Bucharest, October 2015
19th European Congress on Alternatives to Animal Testing (EUSAAT), Linz, Austria, September 2015
1st Workshop on Alternative Methods
(5 June 2015, Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
WORKSHOP REPORT, ALTEX 32(4), 392-393
This workshop represented a first attempt to initiate discussions, to map existing activities and to identify opportunities in the area of Alternative Methods to Animal Testing in Romania. The objective was to bring all together national and European stakeholders that can play a crucial role in the future developments in Romania. Therefore, participants with multiple backgrounds from academia, regulatory bodies & policy-makers, Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) and non-governmental organizations attended the workshop. In order to support this initiative, guests-speakers from the European Commission (DG JRC – EURL ECVAM) and 3Rs Centers in Europe (i.e. CAAT-Europe) were present at the event.
Carmen SOCACIU (Vicerector at USAMV Cluj-Napoca)
Lucian FARCAL (Consultant at BIOTOX)
Francois BUSQUET (Policy Coordinator at CAAT-Europe and ECOPA Secretary)
LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
- Carmen Socaciu (Romania)
- Dumitrita Rugină (Romania)
- Zorita Diaconeasa (Romania)
The main objectives of the workshop included:
- Identifying opportunities in Romania in this field and further disseminate the principles of the 3Rs (Replacement, Reduction & Refinement) in a more formal way;
- Raising awareness on alternative methods applications (i.e. state-of-the-art, in silico, in vitro methods, validation principles and regulatory status);
- Debating on Directive 2010/63/EU on the protection of animals used for scientific purposes as well as stakeholders’ support for Romanian governmental agencies (i.e. ANSVSA) in order to facilitate the implementation of the Romanian law 43/2014.
- During the event the Romanian Center for Alternative Methods (ROCAM) was formally established. ROCAM intends to become a central point of expertise on 3Rs in Romania.
First Meeting of European "3Rs Centres"
21-22 April 2015, Ispra, Italy